Terms of Service
Online Terms and Conditions of Sale of Alessandra Rich
“Alessandra Rich” is the trading name of Fabbrica d'Italia Ltd. By entering into this contract for the sale of products you are not entering into a contract with Alessandra Rich the fashion designer, you are entering into a contract with Fabbrica d'Italia Ltd.
1. These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- How you accept these terms. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these terms and conditions. If you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any products from our website or our online stock.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Fabbrica d'Italia Ltd a company registered in England and Wales trading as “Alessandra Rich”. Our company registration number is 06567421 and our registered office is at 105/B Mount Street, London W1K 2TN. Our registered VAT number is GB 931 9856 88 and our EORI number is GB931 9856 88000.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning us at +44 20 7499 7760 or by writing to us at our registered office address mentioned above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails, text message, instant message, digital platform (such as JOOR or Docusign) or any other reasonably durable and evidenceable medium.
3. Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Note that when you place an order we will send you an acknowledgment of that order and our acknowledgement that we have received your order is not our acceptance of it. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Orders from outside of the UK. We welcome orders from outside of the UK. However, our website and our online stock fulfilment have been designed for consumers in the UK. If you order products for delivery outside the UK we reserve the right to refuse the order. Furthermore, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. Also, certain rights of UK customers, such as the right to end a contract because they have changed your mind, are not available where products are delivered outside of the UK. Finally, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law
4. Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website and from our online stock are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have tried to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that the display of the colours on every device accurately reflects the colour of the products and therefore your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Sizing accuracy. Although we try to be as accurate as possible, some of our products are hand finished and therefore all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website are approximations only and we cannot guarantee that your product will meet them precisely.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website or our online stock.
5. Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. Our website or our showroom staff (where you order online stock within a showroom) will indicate when we expect to be able to deliver any particular products to you and we will contact you with an estimated delivery date when we accept your order
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 9.30am to 5.30pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, our couriers will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and Clause 2 will apply.
- Your legal rights if we refuse to deliver products. You have legal rights if we deliver any products late in some circumstances. If we miss the delivery deadline for any products then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away but only if we have refused in writing to deliver the products.
- When you become responsible for the products. A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
- When you own products. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
- We may suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see Clause 4) we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see Clause 9.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see Clause 9.5).
6. Your rights to end the contract
- You can nearly always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on where your products were delivered, what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract. If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), and this is covered at clause 8. The rest of this Clause 6 sets out the other circumstances in which you can end your contract with us.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you that a product is no longer available, offered you an alternative and you do not wish to proceed with the alternative offered;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have refused to deliver a product (see clause 7).
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online where delivery is to be made in the UK you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- Our goodwill guarantee. Please note, these terms reflect the goodwill guarantee offered by Alessandra Rich to its UK customers, which is more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed products (see Clause 2):
Right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
How our goodwill guarantee is more generous
14 day period to change your mind.
20 day period to change your mind.
- When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- tailored products that are made to your specifications or which have been personalised at your request;
- products that you have damaged or soiled;
- products where you have removed the tags;
- shoes that have been worn otherwise than on a carpeted surface; or
- lingerie or swimwear if the protective adhesive strip has been removed.
- How long do I have to change my mind? You have 20 days after the day you receive the products, unless your order of products has been split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 20 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the products.
- Repeated returns . We offer a flexible returns policy to make your online shopping experience as pleasant as possible. We do monitor the number of returns made by customers, and continued returns will be flagged and may, at our discretion, lead to the closure of your account or future orders being refused.
- How to tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call us on +44 20 7499 7760 or send an email to email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Complete the form on our website.
By post. Print off the form and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after the products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the products in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at Alessandra Rich C/O The Brand Hangar, Advantage One, Third Avenue, Bletchley, Milton Keynes,MK1 1DR, UK or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on +44 20 7499 7760 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of a change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The costs of collection will be the same as our charges for standard delivery. Please call customer services on +44 20 7499 7760 or email us at email@example.com to request information concerning our standard charges.
- How we will refund you. We will provide your refund using the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- we may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind or because an Event Outside Our Control has taken place then:
- if we have not offered to collect the products, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.
- if we have offered to collect the products, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
7. Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you for reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided. ]
8. If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about a product that you have purchased, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team on +44 20 7499 7760 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
(a) Up to 30 days: if your products are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
(b) Up to six months: if your products can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
(c) Up to six years: if your products do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 6.3: Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on +44 20 7499 7760 or send an email to email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection.
9. Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- Delivery charges are not included in product prices. The price of a product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your Order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with most major credit and debit cards. You must pay for any products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we are ready to dispatch the products to you.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
10. Events outside our control
- We are not liable for events outside our control. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, pandemics, restrictions imposed by Government decree, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- What happens when an Event Outside Our Control occurs. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under these terms:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under these terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- Ending a contract if an Event Outside Our Control takes place. You may end any contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days in which case the provisions of Clauses 8 to 6.14 (inclusive) shall apply.
11. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at Clause 2 and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12. How we may use your personal information
13. Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.